Contact Information

Email: connor.duersch@myldsmail.net

Sunday, June 30, 2019

Chapter 95: You did it!, Elder Allen, Yvette Mourin.

Elder Connor R. Duersch(Stan Theman鄧長老) Ministering to Hong Kong 1 by 1! Chapter 95
你好!!!  

Good morning! How are we all?

This week flew by insanely fast again! One day I wake up and BAM it is p-day already. Crazy! 

There was some super good things this week and I can't wait to tell you all about them! 

I was able to have my last interview with President Phillips this week. The Exit Interview! It was such a touching and amazing experience. We talked lots about what I have learned on my mission, my companions, friends, and then to the part about what is my goals and plans for the future. It was a great experience to have and to have my mission president tell me I did a good job and served a valiant mission! 

Interesting that I had my exit interview and I still have 2 1/2 weeks left. But it was amazing! 

I was also able to go on exchanges this week with Elder Allen and wow what an exchange! We had a meeting with our bishop in Tung Chung and it was so cool. We also had the stake president there as well. Our bishop is so funny! 

Then we went out to meet one of our friends we met a couple weeks ago to play basketball with him again. We taught him about prayer and asked if he thought God was real. He said he believed half. So I told him an analogy. Take your watch apart and put it in a bag. Then shake it and make me a perfect watch again. Can't do it. That is just like our bodies and this world we live on. It is just impossible that we just popped into existence. He liked the analogy and he wanted to learn more. I told him we have evidence of God's existence and asked if he wanted to see it. He said yes and so we told him next time we will show him. 

Later elder Allen wasn't feeling so well and he was sick to his stomach. He laid down on the bathroom floor and tried to throw up but nothing came out. He was laughing though and screaming at his body for being dumb. So funny but sad as well. 

While out finding, Elder Allen and I ran into a member who is from the states that lives in Hong Kong. Her name is Yvette Morin and she is amazing! We talked for a long time and had so many good laughs about life and it was so much fun to talk to a member from the states. She told us she would be moving soon and that she had some food to give away and she wanted us to have it.
 
Later in the week we got a text from her that she wanted us to come and get some food. We'll when we got to her estate and saw the food she had it was 3 Ikea-sized bags full of food!!! This was an amazing blessing from above and we were so grateful for the food she gave us. Absolute blessing. 

We also went to cross roads this week and had the zone there again. I didn't climb under any desks again so that was good. We moved stuff again as usual and it is always so much fun to work with these people. Next week will be my last time there and I am going to be so sad when I have to leave. 

Something super special happened yesterday. Elder Lagaña had to do a Baptismal interview for the sisters in our district and we had to go to Kowloon Tong. While we were there I was able to see the Tai Wo ward! Because the old chapel is going to be rebuilt they have their ward meeting in Kowloon tong and we came right at that time. I was able to say hi to all of my old family and they were so excited to see me! I was so happy to see all of them as well. 

The funny thing that happened was that while Elder Lagaña was in the interview I was outside the door and there were these kids running around and screaming. The was one in a Spider-man costume and it was so funny. One ran into the room that the interview was in and he wanted to read a book. So Elder Lagaña gave him a book and he left. Then the assistants walked over and elder Hughes and Arnold asked where my companion was and then the same little boy tried to go in the room and elder Hughes told him to go to English class. So funny. 

That does it for this week. I am so shocked at how fast time is gone. Only about 2 weeks and I will be back home. But that doesn't mean I will get lazy. I will keep fighting and smiling! 

Success comes from the lord. It is given, not earned! According to his timing, plan, and his unfathomable love for us. 

Have a great week love you all! 

Love ya!
Yours in Fellowship and Love,󾓭🐲🐼✌🍜
鄧 長 老
Elder Connor R.Duersch
Dahng Jeunglouh

Stan Theman  











No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 97 - Final Chapter: There and Back again.

Elder Connor R. Duersch(Stan Theman 鄧長老 ) Ministering to Hong Kong 1 by 1! Chapter 97 Season  Finale 你好 !!!   My Dear Friends, the t...