Contact Information

Email: connor.duersch@myldsmail.net

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Week 9 and 10: Elder fDuersch is in Hong Kong....

Lieh Hou! Everyone!!

Wow...what a crazy busy couple of weeks. Well, I am officially in Hong Kong! When we got on the plane to Hong Kong, Elder Francome and I had the opportunity to talk to a woman who sat next to us the entire flight. DUHH. She was 72 years old and was Catholic. Her name was Ning and we got to talk  with her about Jesus. She said she loves talking about Jesus. I did some studies and some reading on the flight and slept for like 8 hours. SO GOOD. When we left the plane, we I helped her out with her luggage and we gave her a book mark of Christ and also told her about a book that Testifies of him and his teachings. SHE ACCEPTED A BOM!!! My first real contact and I gave out a BoM. SO COOL!!! 

My new Companion/Trainer is Elder Beeson (Yih Jeunglouh). He is from Mesa Arizona and he knows where Yuma Arizona is. Shout out to Brandy! We are living in Tai Po and serve in Tai Wo. Our apartment is about the size of my room upstairs. I took a video and some pictures of it and it is really NUTZ!!! We have 2 other elders in our flat named Paulsen and Egen. Elder Egen is from Germany - he is really cool. They all are!

I learned about our investigator. Our ONLY ONE! His name is.........Connor!! How cool is that?  He has been taught for over 6 months and is so excited to get baptized. He is 16 and loves video games and Does parkour thanks to his favorite game Assassins Creed. He named himself after one of the characters. The Wrekers are going to get a kick out of that! but there is one problem, his family is against him being baptized!!! He was so close a while ago and his brother told him no! So there are 2 options we can do for him. We can wait until he is 18 and then he can legally get baptized or we have to convince his whole family about our church and beliefs. I feel a strong connection to him already and I cant wait to meet him.

The main work we are doing in Hong Kong is mostly Less Active Work. Our ward has 50 active members and about let say......250-300 LESS ACTIVE!!! The retention rate here is really bad - 80% BAD. So We are thinking of ways we can fix that and get the wards to be more of a family. We go to the chuI learned about our Investigator. Our ONLY ONE! His name is.........Connor!! How cool. He has been taught for over 6 months and is so excited to get baptized. He is 16 and loves video games and Does parcour thanks to his favorite game Assassins Creed. He named himself after one of the characters. The Wrekers are going to get a kick out of that! but there is one problem, his family is against him being baptized!!! He was so close a while ago and his brother told him no! So there are 2 options we can do for him. We can wait until he is 18 and then he can legally get baptized or we have to convince his whole family about our church and beliefs. I feel a strong connection to him already and I cant wait to meet him.

This Sunday was The Primary Program and I have to say...ASAIN babies are the CUTEST THINGS EVER!!! The rest of the day was basically church and I tried to understand as much as I could and got really tired haha. We then had a meeting with Bishop Wohng who is incredibly young! He has major concerns for the ward and is looking for fun and happy people to fix that..........hmmmmmm, We are really excited to help. Elder Beeson has been in this area for 7 months and will be in it for about 10-11 since he is training me.

One really cool Highlight from Sunday was we got to take the sacrament to an elderly couple named the Mh Gahting. They are so CUTE and really old. The husband had a really bad stroke and cant go to the church anymore so he and his wife stay home. I want to go and teach them this week and get a picture with them to show you how adorable they are!

Thank you all so much for your love and support! It is helping me so much out here 12,000 miles away from home. I am grateful to be out here and to serve the lord the best I can. Hope you all are doing grate please let me know what I can do for you while I am finally out in the field!

Remember that when we all are feeling at our lowest point the only way left is to go up! Jesus Christ will always be there to lift us up in our most dire times and for that I am truly grateful! I know he knows all of you personally, and cares for you more than you could ever comprehend on this planet! I bear my witness of him that he is our savior and he is the living son of the living God who paid the Infinite Price for us to return to him and our father in heaven with open arms waiting for us to be back in his presence.
LOVE YOU ALL!!!

Yours In Fellowship and Love,σΎ“­πŸ²πŸΌπŸœ
Dahng Jeunglouh
Elder Duersch
Stan Theman

P.S. Here is a peace sign!✌ If you do it here with your palm facing you it means you are flipping people off! SO DONT DO THAT HAHA if you can see your palm your wrong! 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 97 - Final Chapter: There and Back again.

Elder Connor R. Duersch(Stan Theman 鄧長老 ) Ministering to Hong Kong 1 by 1! Chapter 97 Season  Finale δ½ ε₯½ !!!   My Dear Friends, the t...