Contact Information

Email: connor.duersch@myldsmail.net

Monday, October 2, 2017

Elder Connor Duersch - Week #7 MTC

Lieh Hou Noghge Pangyauh!

How are we all doing this fine week after conference!?

So much Good Stuff happened to me this week and there is a lot that I want you all to Hear.

Thursday: was really an interesting day for me. I woke up that mornin and the thought came to me, "What am I Doing Here!!!" I was really troubled by this thought and the whole morning I couldn't feel the Spirit at all and felt like I needed to go home because I felt like I have been doing nothing here. Then Along Came Taahm!(Elder Adams). That sounds like a book Title hahaha. He knew something was troubling me and wanted to know what was on my mind. I told him and I have never had a more spiritual Therapist here with my district than Taahm. He told me if you were in a seat and a therapist was in front of you and he asked what would you rate your worth and confidence right now? You could give yourself a different number every day! Then he said what if your parents are in your spot in that chair, what would they say? They would say your worth is beyond 100% even if you messed up and did somethings bad. And what if Christ and Heavenly Father were in that chair? We could never comprehend how much we mean to our beloved Father in Heaven and our Savior. For they will love us no matter what we do or how much we sin. He then told me how much I have blessed his life just by being there and smiling. He told me that if I was gone our district would be less of what it is right now, and it would be missing something. He is one of my best friends here and I am truly grateful for him. 

Later in the day, I decided to teach using only a flash card with our lesson outline on it and some vocab I needed to remember with Rebecca on the Sabbath Day. It was a real struggle, but it felt good at the same time to see just how capable I actually am with the language and my knowledge. We got our Full Names as well and what there Meanings are. Dahng Ho Laaih. Our teacher Brother Anderson said he prayed about these names and the inspiration he received for us. My Name Means  To Rely or Depend On. I love how that is my name - it further helps me realize how much people care about me and how much they need me. Just like conference this weekend There are no such things as Coincidences!

The real Highlight of the Day and probably the week besides Conference was a lesson we had from another teacher. His name is Doh Hingdaih. He gave us the most AMAZING lesson on The Good Samaritan. He wrote on the board a bunch of points that happened in that story and then how we can relate it to everything. I took some pictures of my notes I took and I would INVITE YOU ALL to go over LUKE 10: 25-37 and look over the different points of it and Apply it in your life right now! It has forever changed my view on how Simple Christ teaches to us and why he did it in Parables.

Saturday/Sunday: Conference Weekend was really good this year... am I right!! It really makes a true difference when you are truly listening to the words of Christ's Apostles and Leaders. There was not one thing I didn't take away from all of it. I took a pic of each page of notes from every session and I would like you to read over them if you can and compare your notes to mine to see if the spirit is telling you a message you might have missed. I have grown a stronger knowledge of how important it is to really listen and to study as hard as you can. When you really do that you will learn more than you thought you ever could and hear things you would have never heard. My personal favorite form Conference was probably Uchtdorf on the Light and Faith in Christ. That one hit me the most. I would like to say that the over all theme of Conference this month was Service and Faith. The MTC really needed to hear that. There are so many here that are struggling and it is so sad to see that. Every one here has their own problems. Just turn to the One who knows all and will always be on your right hand and on your left, to bear you up when the world is to much on your shoulders!

We also had John Munoa come and speak to us at our Sunday Devotional. He is the Producer of the Bible Videos!!!! It was so cool to learn how all the sets were made and how the whole thing was put together! He said he had the chance to be in the scene with Christ on the Cross and he was the one to give him the Sponge of Vinegar. He said his faith grew so much that day seeing The Actor on the cross. 
I have heard that on your mission you learn Kinda what you want to do in your future. I still want to go into Animation, but the thought hit me that if I really got good at it I could make animated shorts for each story in the Scriptures. That gave me so much thought on my life and how to give talents that we know and learn back to the Lord.

Hope You all had a good Conference Weekend! Please heed the words that are spoken from our beloved leaders. For they are the words of God. And we may never know what there last words may be. 

I love you all so very much and if there is anything I can do for you please let me Know!!!

Remember that Christ will always be there when the world isn't. He is our rock and wants to help us in everything that we do!

Yours In Fellowship and Love󾓭🐲🐼🍜

Dahng Jeunglouh
Elder Duersch
Stan Theman






























No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 97 - Final Chapter: There and Back again.

Elder Connor R. Duersch(Stan Theman 鄧長老 ) Ministering to Hong Kong 1 by 1! Chapter 97 Season  Finale 你好 !!!   My Dear Friends, the t...