Contact Information

Email: connor.duersch@myldsmail.net

Monday, September 25, 2017

Week #6 Lieh Hou Moyatgo Yahn! (Hellow Everyone)

This week was super cool! We had a  guest speaker.........Elder Quentin L. Cook!! Super cool to see him and hear his words. I took a pic of my notes on what he said so you all can hear what he has to say. Really good stuff!

There was a couple spiritual moments with some of my companions and roommates this week as well. We are being taught so much here, and when you start get into the swing of things its not like drinking from a fire hose anymore....just a really powerful fountain!

The choir is really cool here with all the things we learn from each Hymn and their true meaning. Our Investigators are doing really well with the lessons we are teaching them. One of them has a problem with The word of Wisdom and how it is a huge family tradition in China to do tea for dinner. That, I think is going to be a real challenge when I get there.

The Weeks are really starting to fly by here and it feels so good that when you really get into the work you start losing yourself in it. And, also the fact that you need to be obedient to the rules...they may seem weird at first, but they are there to protect you and to GIVE you blessings when you need them. Just like how the commandments are. The spirit is so strong here and I love it!!

The language is coming along very well. I am learning and memorizing more words and phrases every day. There are some road bumps, and I need to strengthen my testimony enough to bless others while I am there. The spirit will teach them, not me! The language will come I know that but I still need to put in work to get it down.

Sorry this Email is so short not much is really  happening here besides classes and Devotionals. When I get out into the field there will be more stories to tell and things to talk about.

So, I had the chance this week to really strengthen my testimony on how obedience will strengthen you when you follow the rules. I learn more and more things on that. I encourage and invite you all to follow the commandments and rules that have been placed before us from our loving Heavenly Father and Savior. Also follow, and keep your covenants you have made!!

Umm what else happened this week? I got my shirt from the MTC. I love it a lot. I got an XL. It was a freaking tent on me so I traded with another person in our district from New Zealand. I now have a L and am washing it right now. Lets hope it doesn't shrink to much. But I heard that the elders lose so much weight in Hong Kong. So it will fit me eventually. Also, the people in Hong Kong don't really like China, so wearing that around in public is a big NO! I don't know why the MTC doesn't have a Hong Kong flag shirt.

My companionship is doing so well, but get this - we are being split apart. It is now me and elder Madsen, and Elder Arnold is going to be with another companionship. The presidency told us that the reason behind this was so we could get a better grip on the language and experience a 2 person companionship. I do not know how to feel about this...but it was for a reason that it happened so I now that it was from Heavenly Father to strengthen every one.

That is pretty much it for this weeks episode of Elder Duersch!

If you have any questions or want to just talk please send me emails and I would love to help you all out!

Stay Weird and Awesome!!!!

Yours in Fellowship and Love,󾓭🐲🐼🍜

Dahng Jeunglouh
Elder Duersch
Stan Theman.






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 97 - Final Chapter: There and Back again.

Elder Connor R. Duersch(Stan Theman 鄧長老 ) Ministering to Hong Kong 1 by 1! Chapter 97 Season  Finale 你好 !!!   My Dear Friends, the t...