Contact Information

Email: connor.duersch@myldsmail.net

Monday, September 11, 2017

Week #4 - Guest Speakers and Faith



Lieh Hou!!!!


How are we all?


It feels so good to write to you all this week! There has been a lot of interesting stuff happening here.

Here we go! On Tuesday we had a really good experience in choir! When we arrived to sing for the night's devotional, Brother Eggit(Choir Teacher) told us to be in our best dress because someone very important is coming to speak to all the MTC's across the globe. And, drumroll please........................Elder Dallin H. Oaks came!!!!! It was one of the coolest talks I have ever heard! His wife spoke first and then he did. I took a whole 2 pages of notes on all he said. Ill take a picture and send it to ya. The spirit was so strong when he came and spoke to us. He had such a great talk on Preach My Gospel and the importance of how it is going to help us the most on our mission. He also said that we have all been called at a very special time in our life! Now where have I heard that before *cough*  MY Patriarchal Blessing!

I have started to pray more to Heavenly Father about how I have faith in him and Jesus Christ, and through them I can do anything I set my heart to. I have started to get more faith in myself that I can do the things I need to do. For example: the language. I am getting better at the language and I know its by my faith in Yehsou Geduk that I am doing this well. For if we have faith in Christ, We can Move mountains if we needed to!

Gwongdongwa(Cantonese) is going pretty well. There is still so much I need to learn before they send me out into the real deal. Maybe that's why I am in the UofG(University of God) for Nine Weeks!!! Some days here feel like they are super long and others feel like they just shoot by. My faith grows every day while I am here.

One of the elders who is in my branch gave a wonder full lesson on Faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement. The gist of it all was that we are constantly using the Atonement in our lives. We are never the same person before... and that is what it is all about. We need to have faith that we can become greater than we were a year, month, week, day, and even 10 seconds ago! I can't emphasize enough how much we need to put our faith in Christ and how we need to thank him for the blessing we are receiving from that faith.

We had a guest speaker this week that was with the BYU football and the Eagles. His name was Chad Lewis. His wife and himself came and spoke to use yesterday on how all his life he was a high jumper and loved to jump over things. He did it all the time when he was married and told his wife one day he would jump over someone in a football game. One game right before the super bowl he caught a pass, and a small defensive player was coming right at him. He didn't even know what happened because he was already over the guy! His heart, mind, and body were trained so hard on jumping that it came so natural to him. That is what the MTC is doing to me at this moment. It is training my body, heart, and mind to the point when I need to act in the moment, I am ready to crack open those scriptures and give them the lesson of there life!

He also shared an experience when he climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro with a group of 4 Wounded Warriors. Some were not able to make it up the climb and how the burden was to much for their titanium legs and limbs. They asked the ones who could go on, to take their legs and make a piece of them get to the top of the mountain in Africa. On there way down the mountain, their guide came up to Chad and said I will take your bag. He said "its fine, I can do this!". The guide turned around took one step and turned right back around. He said "I have been doing this my whole life and I am here to lift your burden so you can make the decent easier.

What a powerful message! Christ will always be there to lift our burdens and never give us too much in our backpacks that we cant even move. My testimony is growing and I cant wait to share it to the people who have been waiting to hear it for a long time.

I hope you all have a fantastic week and always have faith in Christ with what ever you are doing. When you do that with what ever is in your way, you will accomplish what ever you want to!

Yours in Fellowship and Love,
Dahng Jeunglouh
Elder Connor Duersch















No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 97 - Final Chapter: There and Back again.

Elder Connor R. Duersch(Stan Theman 鄧長老 ) Ministering to Hong Kong 1 by 1! Chapter 97 Season  Finale 你好 !!!   My Dear Friends, the t...