Contact Information

Email: connor.duersch@myldsmail.net

Monday, September 18, 2017

Week #5: Faith, Obedience and Sacrifice

Leih Hou Ngohdeih Pahngyauh! (Hello my friends!)

So good to hear from you all and I am very glad you all are doing very well! 

Let me tell you all about our class experience this week. We went to the top of the T3 building where there is a beautiful court yard of stone and flowers. We were told to read and go over 3 Nephi 17. I invite you all to go and read that for yourselves and see how it relates to you all personally! Since that day I have made a goal to write in pen on every page of my Scriptures because all I have been doing is highlighters. There is so much you can get from 3 Nephi and I love it so much. Heck-all the scriptures are fantastic - Read Them!

Oh Ya! One of our "INVESTIGATORS" is planning on being baptized on the 14 of October. I had the honor of asking her in Cantonese. It was so good to have that experience with a role play and feel exactly how it is going to be in the field in Hong Kong. Another investigator we have is Tyler. He is shy and is just curious about the church. He hadn't opened up to us yet so, I had an idea to invite him to a League of Legends Party the BYU Chinese wards are putting on. I made a little invitation and He smiled for the FIRST TIME. Of course it was all fake, but it felt good because since that happened he has been more open to talking with us. "Teach People, Not Lessons". That is one thing we are working on and I am grateful for it because you need to get to know the person before you start changing their life. You need to love them and serve them to the point where they will tell you about anything that has happened to them over their week.

Everything has been going great here. I am really starting to love it here and love the people. It is going to be actually sad when I leave here. I love the devotionals here and the language. It is getting easier, and there is still so much hard work I have to do since this is only my 5th week out in the field, but man it has felt like I have been out here for decades and also only just arrived. The MTC feels like I am in limbo, and also a Mormon "all-you-can-eat" Vegas Style Buffet. Good Night! All they do here is feed you so much food. They call the Chicken Cordon  Blue "Fried Hamster" hahahahaah. Its sad but funny.

I also got a new scripture bag here for only 13 dollars. It was hiding under all the other bags and I told my self "You look like you need someone to look after you, because all the other bags are popular and you were hiding". It is now one of my most valuable items now that my scriptures have a home where they aren't getting crushed by my big bag. I also keep what mom gave me in them so I have it with me always. This is the coolest bag ever and for a great price, I am glad to have it, and know that it is the only one of its kind here.

Let that be a lesson to us all on how Christ and Heavenly Father see us all!

I love all so much and am grateful to know you all and to call you my family. 

Stay Weird and Be yourselves!

Yours in Fellowship and Love,

Dahng Jeunglouh
Elder Duersch
Stan Theman

P.S I got called random to give my testimony in sacrament this Sunday on Repentance and Faith. Many people were moved by it. Remember the Atonement can make us better than we were 10 seconds ago. 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 97 - Final Chapter: There and Back again.

Elder Connor R. Duersch(Stan Theman 鄧長老 ) Ministering to Hong Kong 1 by 1! Chapter 97 Season  Finale 你好 !!!   My Dear Friends, the t...