Contact Information

Email: connor.duersch@myldsmail.net

Sunday, August 19, 2018

Week 52!!!: 1 YEAR!!!!!, Zone Conference, Who are the Mormons?

Leih Hou Muiyatgoyahn!

   Another week in the bag of my mission and this is week 52 and you know what that means!!!!! 1 Year has officially arrived!!!! It does feel like a year I will tell you that much hahaha. But also at the same time it went by super duper quick! I can't really explain how it woks but it was like in the blink of an eye that it arived! Again I still have a whole nother year to go and more adventures and stories to have. I have gone through a lot out here and there is so much to talk about. First I will do a quick QandA! I haven't done that in a while and I should do that.

People have asked about my shoes hahah. They are all good and they last ! I love Echos they are a really good brand of shoe for this type of work.

The weather here is very wet! I can't ever recall that I have seen this much rain in my life from what I get with in a week here in Hong Kong!  Typhoons are coming and going and the level of a typhoon can get to 1 3 and 8 9 10. When it gets to 8 we can't go out and have to stay in until we get the all clear to go back out. I haven't had one yet so it will be interesting when one comes. There is an elder here who is from North Carolina and he said that NC weather is very similar to HK weather hahahahah.

We were unable to meet with VIctor this week because of Work and stuff and he is going out of town for 2 weeks for work so we will not be seeing him for a bit which is sad but thats ok. it is just something to look forward to in September.

Our Kids class this week was about cooking and we got some cups with some dirt and I got to be Dirt man! So more or less I was a Dwarf hahaha. We got to decorate little paper sleeves that the kids put on the cups later and then we got dirt and seeds for them to grow at home. Next week is going to be really cool and fun! We are doing ward movie night on Friday and we are watching Mulan in Cantonese!! The activities are going really well and hopefully we can start getting the parents interested in the Gospel. The people here love English class so we are now needing to push just a bit to see if they have interest. We do share little messages with the kids about church and it is fun to see the parents reactions to some of the messages. Hopefully we have a great turn out for this movie night. We also have a stake talent Show and we are doing something really funny. i will hopefully be able to send pics and hopefully a ward member can post a video on face book.

Also my cousin just got home from his mission from North Carolina! I can't believe it was that fast! I remeber when I was with him at his farewell and then relizing he would be a year out when i got to the MTC and nwo I am a year out and he is home!!! Crazy!!!

Birthday Shout Outs as well!!!!  This week is one of my partners in crimes birthdays and it is my friend Nick!!! he is the coolest guy ever and I am super excited for him to serve in Hawaii! The other Birthday is to my Amazing Grandpa Bokah!!! I love him so much! He has taught me so many things in my life and has always been there for me when I needed help and a teaching moment never passed by while we were together! He is still going strong in all he is doing and he is a spiritual giant! We are a short family but the spirit he has can't be contained! I love him and he is amazing! So happy Birthday and drinks all around!!!🎂🍧🍦🍻🐣

Alritht lets get on to the thigns this week shale we!

Please write me your questions and I will answer them next week! Would Love to hear from you all!

Elder Connor R. Duersch(Stan Theman/Dahng Jeunglouh) Ministering to Hong Kong 1 by 1!

1 YEAR:
   Yes like I said earlier it is really weirddthat things have gone by this fast but also slow every now and then hahaha. For those of you who served you probably had the feeling I would never make it this far and for some it would be like wow that was quick! I want to invite all the RMs in the families to tell there mission stories and then to have them archived for the future. There are many great things from our peers and family members that served and we have to record them or else great learning lessons and experiences could be lost.

   I have gone through the MTC and in my baby area my whole first year! Crazy!!!! I have had a total of 5 companions with Madsen, Arnold, Beeson(Trainer/Pops), Newbold, and Riley. Also newbold x2 so that a thing hahaha. I have had a great time out here and I can say that this is really a Crucible for your body and your testimony. I can really say without a doubt I am completely a different person! I am still the same goofy me but I know I am more mature and I am loving my testimony! We also went out to eat as an apartment for lunch at a bugger joint! SO good!!!!

   Still 1 year left to go and now time is ticking down as they say out here in a mission. SO i have to make the best use of it as I can. I had and Eternity to train for this mission, I have an eternity to reflect on this mission, and I only have 2 years on a mission. A great motivation I would say.


Zone Conference:
   This week was zone conference and it was so refreshing! I love this zone conference because we learned more about repentance and how we must be teaching this to our friends because it is what we have been called to do. Cry repentance unto this people. It really opened my eyes on how we must tell our friends that through Christ we can feel free of our guilt and pain and eventually have it washed away through the covenant of baptism. We also had some really good Cinnamon Rolls thanks to our amazing senior missionaries the Roskelly's they are the best! I love our Zone conferences and they are always refreshing and are so great to see old friends and to get a  recharge for the Transfer. We are getting a special meeting this week that just came up that we will have a special meeting down in Wan Chai with The area president Elder Evans and we are super excited for that! Then in a couple more weeks it is Mission Tour.

Who are the Mormons?:
   SO many of you probably already know about the press conference with our Prophet about the topic of our name being Mormons. I was reading this week in 3 Nephi about what they were deciding to call the church and then Christ said if it was Moses church is would be called the church of Moses or if it was mans it would be mans church. But it is Christs Church so that is what it is to be called.The Church of Christ.  I know that President Nelson is the Prophet here on the earth and that he is now receiving revelation from the lord to hasten the work for us here on the earth.

I am so glad again to have this opportunity to be able to have technology to email you all and to see how you all are doing!  I love this mission and I am grateful that I am able to become who Heavenly Father and My savior want me to be. This mission isn't just for now, but it is for the rest of my life and existence. Again I would like to invite you all to share you history with your families and your life's experiences and then record them for future reference for your posterity. It is mentioned in the scriptures to be doing this by the savior. I love you all and look forward to hearing from you next week!

I also burnt a shirt this week to celibrate my year mark hahahahah. Just a little p.s.! It was fine I am safe and nothign was damaged hahahahah. It was really fun! Shhh keep that a aseceret!

Love yall!


Yours in Fellowship and Love,󾓭🐲🐼✌🍜
鄧 長 老
Elder Connor R.Duersch
Dahng Jeunglouh
Stan Theman




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 97 - Final Chapter: There and Back again.

Elder Connor R. Duersch(Stan Theman 鄧長老 ) Ministering to Hong Kong 1 by 1! Chapter 97 Season  Finale 你好 !!!   My Dear Friends, the t...