Contact Information

Email: connor.duersch@myldsmail.net

Sunday, September 2, 2018

Week 54: How do we turn it off!!!, Elder Condie and the Leaf, Are you that Alchemist group called Slytherin?

你好人人!!!
你日今好嗎?
   Yup I am learning some new characters!!! It is so much fun! It was really hard for me to love the language at first but when I found something that made it fun, learning it was so much better. I feel that is how most things go in our lives. We do things that may not seem fun and are really hard and tricky. But when we are able to find the good in it and how much fun we could have from it, it becomes even that much more sweet it is for us.

This week was Soakingly interesting. so I will just get to it then. But First we will do some QandA.
The Weather will be discussed later on in the Email.
My shoes are still doing good, but from this week I may need to get some more next year, maybe hahaha.

This week has been really dry with finding new investigators. It is like we have been in a drought for a while and all we can do is show forth our efforts every day and then the lord will bless us! I do know that he will when we show forth faith. For we don't receive a witness till after the trial of our faith.

Elder Connor R. Duersch(Stan Theman/鄧長老) Saving Hong Kong 1 by 1. Chapter 54.

So this week was absolutely bonkers!!! I have never seen so much rain before in my whole life than I have in 1 day out here! You are just drenched from head to toe. Your lower body from the rain and then your upper body from sweat! The weather has cooled down though dramatically because of all the rain which is so nice for us missionaries out here who have to walk in our best attire and then peel it off when we get home - hahaha. There is just so much rain. I take lots of videos of the rain to show people back home and if they don't believe me all I have to do is show the pictures. Or just look at the weather forecast around this time of year. There are these huge river Canals that flow into the harbor and out to sea and when the rain hits the mountains and the Canals, it is just all over the place! So we have no idea how to turn it off! hahahaha. Not even the Umbrella will keep you safe because it rains sideways! I am short so I am really good with not getting wet. It is fun to walk through the sidewalk of a bout 2 inches of water though! My shoes really are getting soaked and my socks are going hahah. I did a load of laundry and my socks were the main part hahaha. It is also really hard when we have nothing to do and we just go out finding all day and it is just dumping. If you think it is hard finding in dry weather, just imagine it dumping! But it is really something to behold.

When P-day was over and we were getting ready to start the day as an apartment, Elder Condie had an idea to go out and do less active finding with Elder Evans. He didn't want to go and Elder Condie really did. So I just was dumb and waddled in and said I can go with ya! They both looked at each other and said, Ok. I was like wait what? So Elder Evans went with Elder Newbld to go and do Street Contacting while Elder Condie and I went Returning Member Finding. But while we were doing it the Heavens opened and it dumped! We both used one umbrella and we got to a walkway over the free way and there was a really big tree with huge leaves!! So i said use that as an umbrella. So he leaned over and ripped one off and we walked around and talked to people with the leaf on his head. SO funny!! Then we stopped a group and by this time the leaf was ripped into peaces. The group wasn't to interested and then as we paused for a moment Elder Condie asked, Do you want a leaf then? I was laughing so hard!!! We met 2 Returning members shared a message and booked it home in the rain! So much fun!!!

The only other weird thing was since we weren't having much luck out finding, we decided to do some calls and texted some potentials. I get a response from a kid and he asked who we were. So I told him our church name and he was like, "Oh are you those Alchemists?" I said "No we are missionaries of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints" and then he said,"Ohhhh You guys are Slytherin!" So I played along and said, "No our church would be Gryffondor!" He didn't respond after that and I think he left the chat hahahahaha. That was really funny.

Some real quick spiritual thing this week.
I was able to finish the Book of Mormon this Sunday. I looked back at my life and This was the 6th time I have read the Book of Mormon all the way through. I am very glad to have had the many opportunities to read it and to learn the words of God. The scriptures are for us to learn and to make us happy in life. They answer our questions we didn't even know we had! I have a new project to do and I would also like to invite you all to do like wise. I am going to now underline in Silver pen all the references to the Savior in the Book of Mormon and really see how much it does testify of him. You all can do you own highlighting method but go and buy a brand new book of Mormon and give it a try! I am very excited to do this! I have been wanting to do this for a while!

That is pretty much it for this week really glad to hear that you are all ok and that you are all safe. I love this work out here. It is really hard but it is all in the lords timeng and this is just a crucible for me to become who he wants me to be. I can testify that I wouldn't be the same person today back home if I chose not to come out and serve with the lord. My testimony has grown so much that  my body can't hold it. Also shared my testimony in  sacrament and I had our stake President help me read out loud Alma 7;11-13 about the atonement and repentance. It was so unique to feel the spirit moving through me and the gift of tongues taking effect!
I love my savior and I am so grateful to have him in my life!
Love you all and have a great spirit filled week!

Yours in Fellowship and Love,󾓭🐲🐼✌🍜
鄧 長 老
Elder Connor R.Duersch
Dahng Jeunglouh
Stan Theman

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 97 - Final Chapter: There and Back again.

Elder Connor R. Duersch(Stan Theman 鄧長老 ) Ministering to Hong Kong 1 by 1! Chapter 97 Season  Finale 你好 !!!   My Dear Friends, the t...