Contact Information

Email: connor.duersch@myldsmail.net

Sunday, September 9, 2018

Week 55: Elder Wong and Call in the big Guns!!!

你好!!!
你今日好嗎?
 The Rain has now gone away for a while!! Thank goodness! I didn't know how much longer I could awlk around in soggy shoes all day hahaha. I am fien though so don't worry! The rain here is actually just NUTZ I can't describe it. It is just one of those instances where you have to go and take a look for yourself.IT is like the Gospel and cake. Bear with me here on this one.

People out here always say that our church is evil when we talk to them. We ask how do you know? They say we heard it from a friend and online on websites. Safe to say they probably didn't go to LDS.org. I then begin to ask them if someone said they had the best cake in the world, how would you know if it was? They respond I would have to taste it and try it for my self. We then explain it that that is how the Gospel of Jesus Christ is like. We do not force you to eat our cake like the crazy Miss Trench Bull. We just desire you to have a chance to see what it is like, and if it is not so good for you, then we aren't going to force you to eat the whole thing.

This Gospel is really great! I honest and truly wouldn't be the same person today if I chose not to come out and serve. This mission isn't just for now in my life, but it is shaping me to be able to continue to be a good person for eternity. I love this gospel so much!!!! I wan't to scream it to the whole world. But I guess for now the millions of people here in Hong Kong will do hahahah.

I will not keep you any longer than the time you had for today.

Elder Connor R. Duersch(Stan Theman/鄧長老) Serving Hong Kong 1 by 1 Chapter 55

Elder Wong:
  Now don't be to alarmed. This isn't the Elder Wong of the 12. But it was on an exchange with an elder Wong this week. He is serving in Ma On Shan and Elder Newbold when there with our District leader Elder Siddoway. We had a really busy day actually. It has been a while since we have been busy. I know it has been a while since I have talked about People with Interest in the gospel for a while, but that is because we really haven't gotten any one new. We do have Victor but he was in India for a month so he is now back and hope he is still wanting to talk. He is really solid so I have no fears. But back to the Exchange. We did some studies and shared some stories of our missions and the things we went through. He is such a great guy and is really funny to be around. We went out for some finding in the streets which was fun to talk to other people with him. Had an English class with 6 kids in attendance and it was super good!  taught a returning member and also Edith. We are so close to being done with her and the After Baptismal lessons. We taught Priesthood and also Temples and she is so smart!!! She listens really intently! The Exchange was over and It is always a good experience to be with someone different.

The other thing that was really great this week was when we had our lesson with Edith Bishop Came and he had a back pack and a box of noodles. When we finished our prayer he set down his box took off his back pack and asked for a white board pen! I looked at Elder Wong and said watch this. I leaned back and Bishop just took off and went totally Apostle mode!!! I looked over to Elder Wong and he had his mouth open a bit. Bishop brought the spirit so well and together we taught Edith and it was so much FUN!!! We all bounced back and forth during the lesson and it was so great!

Yesterday we were in Elders Quorum and they asked who could take the sacrament to the family with the brother who has had a stroke and cant come to church. I have given it to them a lot and they are one of my favorite families in the ward!!! No one spoke up, so i started to raise my hand and Bishop said I will do it. Then my hand went up and he looked at me nodded and smiled. So we got to go with bishop to the Ng family and give them the sacrament. Then we decided to sing to them and it was so powerful.

That is pretty much it for this week, but I real quick want to let you all know that this church is true. There is a new book that just came out on Gospel Library that talks about more event that happened with Joseph smith and it does really show hos true the church is. I have also started to mark all the references to the savior in the Book of Mormon and I am only on 1 nephi 10 and it has mentioned the savior over 200 times!!!! If you haven't done this before, i invite you to do so. It is really showing me how much the Book Of Mormon does testify of Christ!

I love you all and am so grateful for all of your prayers. If you have any questions please let me know and I can do a Q and A.


Yours in Fellowship and Love,󾓭🐲🐼✌🍜
鄧 長 老
Elder Connor R.Duersch
Dahng Jeunglouh
Stan Theman












No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 97 - Final Chapter: There and Back again.

Elder Connor R. Duersch(Stan Theman 鄧長老 ) Ministering to Hong Kong 1 by 1! Chapter 97 Season  Finale 你好 !!!   My Dear Friends, the t...