Contact Information

Email: connor.duersch@myldsmail.net

Sunday, September 23, 2018

Week 57: Tin Shui Wai, Elder Day, Stake Conference, New Friends

你好每一固人!
   I hope that you all are doing well this week! I am sad to have left my baby area finally but I am surprised that I wasn't too sad about leaving. I know that I will see all my good friends and family again and I do believe that I was ready to get a fresh start and see some new things in the mission. 

   I am very excited to tell you all about my area and the cool things that are going on!  Also today is the Mid-Autumn festival!!  So go get a moon cake and make some lanterns!!! I also forgot that last week was National Grandparents day. So go and give your grandparents a hug, kiss, and take a moment to think about their lives and how different yours would be without them in it. It really opens you eyes. Be grateful for the people in your life. They are here by our heavenly Father to teach us and make us happy! So appreciate all they do and show more affection to them. So here we go!

Elder Connor R. Duersch(Stan Theman鄧長老) Ministering to Hong Kong 1 by 1! Chapter 57

Tin Shui Wai:
    Now this area is way in the North West of Hong Kong. There are these little light rail trains to take to get around the area which is pretty convenient. But  I am now in the smallest area in the world for missionary work! I am able to get to one side of my area to the other in like 12 min walking! I have done it!!! There are like four areas we can walk around and talk to people and then the main part of our area is a flippin park!!! So this is going to be so much FUN!!! I am so excited to get to know a new area and ask people what is good around it. We live in a six elder Apartment and I am with elder Day as my companion. I have elder Long, Cowgil, Allen, and Ng living in the apartment. It is such a blast living with these Elders I am going to have so much fun!!! Ya the area is really tiny so it will be an adventure to see what happens. The Chapel is super nice!!! It is just like the ones back in America! It is a stake center as well, but still so nice!!! There are a lot of activities here in the area with sports and other things. We have a returning member who loves to play baseball so we will be doing that with him every Tuesday night. It has been a while since I have played so this will be fun. My office is also in the family room so that is kinda nice being next to a fridge....also we have a piano in the house!!!!

Elder Day:
   So Elder Day is one transfer younger than me so we are about the same age out here in mission standard time. He comes from the wide land of.........Lehi, Utah. hahahaha. So it will be cool to keep in touch post mission. He has been here for 2 transfers and we are super excited to get to work and to have a blast while doing it. He is super nice and loves to do the work. He loved to do video games back home so we have things in common already! Super excited to go and work. We have a lot of faith and it will be great to see the outcome. Should be funny to see what crazy adventures we have!
   
Stake Conference:
   Stake conference was this week and President Phillips and sister Phillips came to give talks. I really thought that he was going to talk in English....wrong! He spoke in Cantonese and it was super good!!! I am not going to lie....I was super tired and so hard to stay awake hahaha. we had a meeting at 8 before with the stake and all the ward councils to talk about missionary work and working with the youth. Lots of ward members there and they also give us a lot of moon cakes! They taste so good!  

New Friends: 
   So we have a great investigator pool! We have 2 great people named Johnny and Stephen. We met both this week and we are so ready to get to work with them. Stephen is a Former and he has a Wow issue so we told him if he stops smoking this week, i would give up chocolate milk for a week and Elder Day would cook and eat vegetables. He has a lot of faith, knows the church is true and loves to pray with all his heart! So excited for him. He really wants to quit smoking. Stephen is a boss! Johnny is a 21 year old who loves English and the Elders so we are on the right track! We have so much going on this week it is going to be so amazing!!!
 
The Church is indeed true and I am so glad to be living in the Gospel!  

The lord is at the helm leading us along and is ready for us to serve with him right by his side!
Yours in Fellowship and Love,󾓭🐲🐼✌🍜
鄧 長 老
Elder Connor R.Duersch
Dahng Jeunglouh
Stan Theman






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 97 - Final Chapter: There and Back again.

Elder Connor R. Duersch(Stan Theman 鄧長老 ) Ministering to Hong Kong 1 by 1! Chapter 97 Season  Finale 你好 !!!   My Dear Friends, the t...