Contact Information

Email: connor.duersch@myldsmail.net

Monday, October 1, 2018

Week 58: Cross Roads, Friends, "Use the Bleach!?"...what!???

你好每一徊人! 
   Hello how are you all doing this week!? Love to hear from you all and to see how you are doing. This week was my first full week in Tin Shui Wai and it was so much fun! Lots of things happened and also had a really crazy revelation that I will get to later in the email. The weather is starting to change a bit with some days with wind and some that are also just hot so not much new with the weather. The Typhoon damage clean up is still under way and we went to a ward members house this week to clean up some tree damage but it was ok. There are so many trees that have been taken down in this area. They are mostly cleaned up but you can still see there is a lot of damage from the trees and the stumps that have been cute down to pieces. 

   The area here is very interesting. The majority of my area last I talked about was that it is a huge park. It is a really good spot every now and then for finding new people and again it is really small, and from what I have heard from Elder Day we mostly find people here that don't live in our area. But that wont stop us cause we are ready to go and serve the lord and to find the Elect. He is with us every step of the way and he isn't on the sidelines waiting watching us do the work, he is with us every step of the way and when he sees that we are giving it our all, he makes up the rest that we are not capable of doing!
I will get one with the good stuff now for all you beautiful people!!!
Elder Connor R. Duersch(Stan Theman鄧長老) Ministering to Hong Kong 1 by 1! Chapter 58
Cross Roads:

There is a program in the New Territories called Cross Roads. It is a service company that works all across the world and they look for volunteers to come and help. So the missionaries started coming, not sure when they started, and it has been going ever since. There is a lot of work to be done in this place from kitchen work to Maintenance. The lady was telling us about the jobs and then she said Maintenance. I raised my hand and said, "what is that?" She said wood working...........YES!!!!! That is my bread and butter!!!! So we just went and they had me and elder Day brush off some wood and then put them in a bucket and help with some other things. There was an awesome meal for us after that was prepared by the staff and it is so weird to see Americans and all other nationalities. it was super fun and we go on Wednesdays to go and serve in this place. I will talk more about it when I am more used to it, but it is super fun to see all the missionaries there working and having a great time. The people love us when we come and it is so much fun!

Friends:
 We have 2 people we are teaching are Johnny and Stephen. They are the closest to baptism and they are so solid! They both know that The Church is true, Joseph Smith was a Prophet and the Book of Mormon. We are going through the lessons with them now and they are reading and praying and doing what they are supposed to to have a great experience coming closer to Christ. This is the best part about missionary work that I have been waiting for. To finally get some people ready to go and learn all they can about the savior. There is just some things that we are working on with them that I can't talk to over email. But Your prayers for Stephen to help with Word of Wisdom would help us out a lot. He wants to quite and really wants to join the church. We are here ready to help him! I love doing this work!

Bleach:
    OK, so we are needing to find new people to teach for this month. Elder Day and I set a goal for October to get 27 new people in our pool. I was sitting in personal study one day and sat back in my chair and just prayed asking heavenly Father to let me know what I can do to find the people. I looked around the room and my eyes went to the bleach bottle in the corner of our house. I just brushed it off and looked more around the room for things to use out finding, and every time I went back to the bleach. I was just like, "Why on earth am I looking at bleach?" Again and Again i got the prompting, so I was just like fine! I got up and got the bleach and slammed it on my desk and stared at it for like 5 min! I prayed and said I got it now what do you want me to do. "Turn it around" I heard. so i did and saw on the back cleans and removes stains. I thought, and then the dots started connecting. So I said ok father I am getting it, what now, I opened my eyes and saw a germ count. But I saw it as a sin count. Then I got it. Use the Bleach to represent baptism. I prayed and said," Father I got your message and I will use this bottle of bleach out finding if you can stop the people". Once comp started elder Day asked whats with the bleach? I said I received some revelation, but first lets sing! 

After explaining, we got into the elevator and there was a guy in it. I said, "ok lets practice." So I asked how to say bleach in Chinese, and he helped us out. We walked and talked about how bleach is like baptism and after a while he was ok with our message. We asked if we could get his phone number and talk later......he gave us his number!!!! He walked away and I had a huge smile on my face and Elder Day was so confused!!! That gave us the energy to try even harder and to do it again and again. In 20 minutes we got 2 phone numbers using Bleach. 

The lord will give us ways to find and do his work in ways we can't even imagine! This is evidence of it! So blown away and still laughing now. 

Love the work and love the people!

Hope you all have a great day!
See you next time!
Yours in Fellowship and Love,󾓭🐲🐼✌🍜
鄧 長 老
Elder Connor R.Duersch
Dahng Jeunglouh
Stan Theman 
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 97 - Final Chapter: There and Back again.

Elder Connor R. Duersch(Stan Theman 鄧長老 ) Ministering to Hong Kong 1 by 1! Chapter 97 Season  Finale 你好 !!!   My Dear Friends, the t...