Contact Information

Email: connor.duersch@myldsmail.net

Sunday, October 7, 2018

Re: week 59: Trying something new here!

你好每一徊人! 
Hello every one how are you today! So I had an idea. I know have a phone and nice computers where I am able to take really good videos and then send them to you all. So I had this idea that on Sunday Night I would take a short 10-15 min video of me talking about the week and also in Cantonese. I think it is a fun way to try emailing. Instead of you guys reading my stories you can hear me talk about things! 

I did make the video last night so I will be doing another email attached to this one to answer questions that you all have sent me. 

If you like this method of email please let me know, if you don't I will go back to normal emailing methods. 

Elder Connor R. Duersch(Stan Theman鄧長老) Ministering to Hong Kong 1 by 1! Chapter 59

So here  is what happened this week and I may make longer videos depending if this one works or not. I have never tried this before but I think it would be really fun! The part where Elder Allen is talking about elder Day giving birth was on Pday when elder day got the ball and fell to the floor and then elder Allen came up behind him and tried to get it between his legs and it was so awkward and so funny!!! 

Also we play baseball with a less active named Eric and when we do that he comes to church. So we are ministering in so many different ways out here. We don't have a baseball diamond, but we use a soccer court to do it. He is really fun. It has been a while since I have hit a ball with a bat, but I have gotten a lot stronger and can crush it across the field!! So much fun. I miss baseball. I am still a little afraid of catching the ball though hahaha. Good Ol times!

I am working hard and doing my best out here. It is really a mental battle out here at times and it can get hard. But then again there are those days when things just turn out right, and that could be at the very end of the day when we are about to come home. 

Stephen is succeeding with WOW and is doing so well!!! He is getting so good at not smoking at work and said in one of our lessons he feels healthy and strong! I opened up to D&C and shared the blessings of Wow and he knows it is true and will keep going! He loves the blessings and is still a little hesitant on Commandments but it will just take time and the ward is helping him so much! He came to a family home evening last night and our first Councilor Brother Gung told him you have the power and you can quite smoking. And Stephen said "I do have the power I can do it!"

Johnny is also doing good. We taught the 10 commandments and before we taught it he had great feelings about baptism and everything, but when we talked about "no other gods before me" he froze. He waited and said, he will have to postpone baptism then because of my religion. Johnny is Buddhist and believes in bud ism. but he said that he will every day read the scriptures, pray and come to church! he loves meeting with us and will not stop. I have heard stories of investigators part of another sect and then there testimony grows and then they make the covenant when they are ready.

I love our friends and they are such great examples to me! We also haven't heard back from the Bleach guys we found last week, but it is all ok and it will all work out! It maybe wasn't even for the people we needed to find. maybe it was the fact that Heavenly Father was testing me to see if I was ready to receive revelation and then act on it to test my faith. 
 
Hope you all have a great spirit and uplifting week! I look forward to watching conference this weekend cause we need it translated but I got some spoilers and can't wait to see the full session. These changes are form our savior to guide HIS church here on the earth and he knows what to do to help us succeed!! 

Yours in Fellowship and Love,󾓭🐲🐼✌🍜
鄧 長 老
Elder Connor R.Duersch
Dahng Jeunglouh
Stan Theman  

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 97 - Final Chapter: There and Back again.

Elder Connor R. Duersch(Stan Theman 鄧長老 ) Ministering to Hong Kong 1 by 1! Chapter 97 Season  Finale 你好 !!!   My Dear Friends, the t...