Contact Information

Email: connor.duersch@myldsmail.net

Sunday, May 6, 2018

Week 37: Fish Bag, Ricky and his Prayer, Church Ping Pong!

Lieh Hou Muiyatgoyahn!

WOW this week just flew by and I can't believe how great things are doing back home. I will not waste to much of your time today, but here is what was up here in Hong Kong This Week!!!


On This week Episode of Elder Stan Theman: Hong Kong Adventure!

Fish in the Bag!: 
OK, this was one of the most funniest and unique Cheng outs we have had with members ever! They live in the middle of nowhere in the eastern side of our area. Our area is the 4th biggest in Hong Kong because it is very long! We went to a family called the Leih's. They are a sweet little family in the jungle in Tai Mei Tuk, and it was like Jurassic Park for real out there! They could film the next one in Hong Kong and I think that would work great. Anyway, we made it to their house and they had some fish fillets on the table covered by a paper towel. There were some flies in the house and I was just a wee bit scared for what would be under the cloth...hahaha. They pulled out of a big bag of some smaller paper bags that had the bottom totally dripping in grease! They got some bowls and ripped open the bags. The inside was just some noodles and some meat that was supper tasty! Then they offered us more of the Fish Fillets. I was able to eat two of them, and the were actually super good! Elder Riley ate four, and the sisters were there as well! Sister Burtenshaw and Sister Johnson. The members pushed the plate over to Elder Riley and he pushed it over to sister Burtenshaw and she was like, ok. I looked away for a split second, and before she had already eaten 3 and when I looked away for 3 seconds and looked back it was gone. I knew she didn't eat it so I looked on the floor to see if it was chillin there! When I leaned over to look, I saw it wrapped in paper towel and in her bag! I was laughing so hard! And everyone started laughing and they didn't quite realize why!  We shared a message and then went on our way to the bus station. The bus came and there are 16 seats on the bus, and if the people in front of us got on and the sisters, elder Riley could get on but I couldn't. SO, we let them go and we waited for the next bus to come. An Hour and a Half Later!!!!! Holy Moly - that was the longest wait ever! There were also Cows! Haven't seen those guys in a while. Got back to the church and the sisters showed up right when we did so we told them what happened and they were so sorry. Turns out the fish in sister Burtenshaws bag leaked and it destroyed one of her new note books she had just bought the day before! I felt so bad but it was kinda funny! She loved the fish but she was just full so that is why she couldn't eat it hahah! SO much Fun!

Ricky and his Prayer:
 We had a broadcast for Taiwan and for Hong Kong from some of the leaders of the church and it was really cool. They talked a lot about ministering and how it is the new Higher and Holier way to help everyone and be like Christ! 

Ricky was able to come to it and he loved it so much. We met with him this week and finished teaching The Gospel of Jesus Christ and he loved it! He told us that he thought so much about baptism this week and that his older sister talked to him and she was there to support him in his choice because she believes in God and that we all need him in our life! She isn't a Member but wow how cool! During our lesson we invited him to pray about a date to be baptized and he said he would do so. When the broadcast was over I was prompted to ask him how his prayer went and before I could open my mouth he leaned over and said this, "I talked to God in Prayer this week like you told me to.....and I got an answer to my prayer, I want to be baptized on June 10!" I stood there for like 5 seconds while he was smiling at me because I was so shocked fromm what he said. We both started laughing and talking and I told him how proud I was for him and he is super excited for this change in his life. He wants to be baptized so bad and he went around the whole ward telling every one and it was the cutest thing ever because he was so happy about it all! He asked Bishop Wohng to be the one to baptize him and he is super excited for it! I was so filled with joy and with love that day and it is for sure a day I will never forget in my life! I am so happy for him and all he is doing!

Also Mr Tsang was able to come to the meeting as well and we talked to him, and he really liked it but had to go so we couldn't catch up. We are meeting with him this week on Thursday to have dinner and to teach him The Restoration. So excited. Also we taught Matthew and turns out when we went in to teach the Commandments we talked about how it was cool he was reading and praying every day! He looked a bit confused and he said I don't have a book! I was shocked and so we dropped our original lesson plan and gave him a BoM and read 1 Nephi 1. Just comes to show to Teach People and not Lessons! We had to push his baptism back a bit because of that, and also he personally doesn't feel like he has enough faith, yet. But he is still ready for baptism and we have a new plan for some time later in June! Really excited for him!

Church Ping Pong!:
Alright I know what you all are thinking...He is in China he has to have played Ping Pong and is super good because, well...China. Sorry to disappoint you all, but this was the first time this week we played Ping Pong, and it was the funnest thing ever! We didn't have a net so we used Hymn books as nets. It was Elder Riley with Sister Anderson V.S. Me and Brother Ho - our mission leader! There wasn't enough paddles, so me being myself, went for a hymn book and swung away. Turns out those books really help you out in life cause I was doing great with it. Probably not good using a Hymn book for a paddle but I had the word of God on my side hahahaha! It was so much fun and I really hope to get good at Ping Pong out here on my mission.

But that isn't the point of me being here! I am here to help others come unto Christ and to teach Repentance and baptize converts. I love being out here and there are indeed hard times! I thought I was never going to get any thing going on my mission because nothing was happening the first part of my mission! But just like Ether 12:6 we do not receive a witness until after the trial of our faith! I love being a missionary and getting stronger every day! I love you all and am so grateful for all your love and support in helping me out here on my mission. Please look after each other and do as Christ would do and Minister to those who need it the most!

Have a good week!

Yours in Fellowship and Love,σΎ“­πŸ²πŸΌ✌🍜
鄧 ι•· θ€
Elder Duersch
Dahng Jeunglouh
Stan Theman


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 97 - Final Chapter: There and Back again.

Elder Connor R. Duersch(Stan Theman 鄧長老 ) Ministering to Hong Kong 1 by 1! Chapter 97 Season  Finale δ½ ε₯½ !!!   My Dear Friends, the t...