Contact Information

Email: connor.duersch@myldsmail.net

Friday, May 18, 2018

Week 38: Unique food!, Mini Mtc,Ricky, Skype, Full house at Church! Transfer Calls!

Lieh Hou Muigoyahn!

Hope you all had a great week cause I did and it was so much fun! Get some popcorn and a drink cause the show is about to start! Maybe some rice as well cause rice and fish are good!

On this weeks Episode of Elder Stan Theman, China Hong Kong Adventure!:

Unique food: So we went to a Korean BBQ and it was so good! So much meat and food and fruit! I also saw some interesting food! And i was just like, "Well I only get this chance once in a life so go fore it!" I ate Baby octopus, Squid Tentacle, Ox Tongue (MY favorite thing I have eaten here!), and Turkey Gizzard!!! Can't get that stuff in the states now can ya!

Mini MTC: So there was also a little Mini MTC in Kowloon for the youth who were gonna serve missions and we went down to help them out. I was to take a priest from the Tai Po ward who I know really well and we went out street finding for 2 hours and it was really fun! He liked it and asked a lot of questions about people on the street and how to approach them and talk to them. He was a native so talking with them was pretty easy for him! What a great guy! He will make a sweet missionary!

Ricky!: Wow Ricky is doing so well and I am so happy for him! We met with him on Thursday and taught the commandments of Prayer, Reading, 10 commandments, Sabbath day, and law of Chastity. He is a very smart man and was excited to keep all these commandments and follow our Savior. He is so great and is really wanting to make a change in his life and he feels that baptism the first step in his life to make a better change. He is really excited for when he gets baptized to have his family hopefully come and support him. He wants them to feel the same peace and joy that he has when he meets with us and wants to go to church. He is just the best guy in the world and is always happy to meet and to learn all he can. We will be meeting with him tomorrow at a members house for dinner and we will see what happens. Very excited for that!

Skype: I can't believe how fast time fly's. It feels like only a month ago I was Skyping home for Christmas and now it was mothers day! Time is so weird here on a mission let me tell ya. There are good days for time that just goes and goes and goes for hours. And then a couple months are gone and you are just like "What did I do again!?" So much fun! So good to see the family and to know that they are doing well and all is being taken care of on that front of the field.

Church: We knew that Ricky was going to church this week and we waited for him to come. As we waited for him our ward mission leader Ho Hing daaih told us that Chihng Hing daaih was down stairs. He is a less active I meet every Wednesday and he has yet to come to church in a long time because of his job as a taxi driver in the mornings. We ran downstairs and there he was tying his tie and with a smile on his face! He loves coming to church, but it is just hard with all the work schedule and things here in Kong Kong for him. We went upstairs into the chapel and he stopped and looked at me near the door and he just smiled and said, "We Will do this Together!" and so we walked in and had a great Mothers day sacrament meeting! He left after sacrament but what a true blessing to have him come! Ricky was also in the back with some members through the meeting and I didn't see him come in and he was just doing what he does, smiling and talking to everyone! When third hour rolled around we saw another less active we work with named A-Wing. He helps us out with our language and we really have been trying to get him to come to church with us. Finally he came and the Elders Quorum loved him there and he started to make friends. We also had a party for the moms up stairs in the Gym for mothers day and it was so fun! So much Chinese food and I aint talking Panda Express. Kinda funny I have been missing Mexican food and fake Chinese food lately hahahaha!

Transfer Calls!!!:  Guess what!!! I am still in Tai Wo. Wow another transfer in the bag and another one to add to it. I wonder how long I will be in this area for my mission? What if it is like a year! Wow that would be something. That has happened to some other elders in the past! Elder Riley will still be here as well with me.

I have a cool story real quick about Prayer. I was getting ready in the morning for the day and we started our day with daily planning. I know right who would think we did that first ha. We had planned to share a message about faith with a  ward family we were meeting that night. I started my personal study with a very heart felt prayer and I asked for help to find a scripture about faith. I opened my scriptures and turned right to Alma 32 which is about the people who were kicked out of their synagogues and couldn't pray and worship. Alma is glad for there humility and teaches them about faith! How faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things. And also having faith is hoping for that which is also not seen! I love that scripture a lot! So true how faith works by not seeing anything and having hope for the truth. My testimony has really grown out here on my mission and I am so grateful for all the great blessings I have received and also some trials along the way. For with out some trials how could we become great!

Well hope this was enough for you all and that you have a great and uplifting week! I will always be praying for you all and I will always have a smile on my face!

Have a good week!

Yours in Fellowship and Love,σΎ“­πŸ²πŸΌ✌🍜
鄧 ι•· θ€
Elder Duersch
Dahng Jeunglouh
Stan Theman











No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 97 - Final Chapter: There and Back again.

Elder Connor R. Duersch(Stan Theman 鄧長老 ) Ministering to Hong Kong 1 by 1! Chapter 97 Season  Finale δ½ ε₯½ !!!   My Dear Friends, the t...